Friday, March 4, 2011

LETTER: Mayoral Candidate Booan Offers Experience As Professional Administrator

2-12-10

To the Editor:
My name is Joe Booan and this is to introduce myself as a candidate for mayor of Cooperstown in the upcoming election.  As your trustee for the past year, I clearly see the challenges that we face as a community. I offer my experience as a proven professional administrator to help address the many challenges that we face.
I understand what it means to raise a family, work two jobs to pay the bills, and I see the struggles that people are having in stressed economic times.  I have always worked hard for what I have earned, and have been careful on how I spent those earnings. 
As I grew up in Cooperstown, I learned valuable lessons from my parents, grandparents, teachers, and coaches.  These included:
• Focus on a goal
• Play fair, live with honor, and respect others.
• Know the value of money.
• Be accountable for your actions.
• Lead by example.
• It’s OK to fall down, as long as you get back up and try again.
• Be part of something bigger than yourself.
• Understand that what is popular is not always right; what is right is not always popular.
• Serve.
As your mayor, I will dedicate myself to the work that it will take to preserve our traditions, while ensuring financial stability.  We need strong leadership in our community.  As your mayor, let us:
• Create a vision for Cooperstown.
• Ensure efficiency and access in our government.
• Develop focused short and long term goals.
• Listen to all stakeholders.
• Seek positive relationships with our community partners.
I have a proven record of success as a leader and hope to earn your support on Election Day. Thank you,
JOE BOOAN, JR.
Cooperstown
JBooan@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment