Friday, March 4, 2011

LETTER: Justice Candidate Friedman Brings ‘Sense Of Justice, Fairness And Commitment’

2-12-10

To the Editor:
I want to introduce myself to the voters of the Village of Cooperstown:  My name is Leslie Friedman, and I am running as a candidate for village justice of Cooperstown in the March 16 election.   
Mayor Waller appointed me as acting village justice last July, and I have served in that capacity with Enid Hinkes, the current elected village justice. 
Since my appointment, I have become well adept at dealing with the Cooperstown justice system and its players, including the various police departments, the assistant district attorneys, the public defenders and the local attorneys who appear before us. 
In addition, I have the integrity and educational background to make the sound and fair decisions and judgments that are required to properly function as a village justice. 
I graduated from Bryn Mawr College and New York University School of Law.  I have been practicing law in various capacities for over 25 years including private practice here in Cooperstown. 
I am entirely committed to the Village of Cooperstown.  I have lived in the area for almost eight years.  I have children in the schools, where I have been very active in the classroom.  My husband is a physician at Bassett.  My entire family enjoys active participation in community life and activities. 
I bring a sense of justice, fairness and commitment to the position as village justice, and I hope that you will bestow upon me the honor to continue to so serve you.
LESLIE B. FRIEDMAN
Cooperstown

No comments:

Post a Comment